Sunday, November 23, 2008

Family Cookbook

I found this web site called www.tastebook.com. It's really cool. You can make your own cookbook, spiral bound with laminated pages and you can add pictures. I starting putting one together for our family and I have 45 recipes so far. I'm waiting for the rest of the family to give me some of their recipes. What's nice about it is that everything will be in one book, not those little sheets of paper stuck here and there that you can never find when you need them.
This is going to be a no-frills cookbook. No oddball spices or cooking methods. Nothing exotic or complicated.
It will contain a lot of butter, sugar and cool whip. I've been having a lot of fun with it and can't wait till it's finished. I'm having a hard time finding pictures of the dishes online so I'll probably have to take my own photos of them. I like cookbooks with PICTURES. If it works out well, there might be a Volume II.
I want to add some personal notes from the family too. I'm hoping this will be a book that will be handed down to our grandchildren. :)

3 comments:

  1. Ok, this is cool. I have all these recipes from my mom's old recipe box that I've been meaning to do something with. They're recipes cut out of newspapers or from the backs of labels or handwritten on note paper. They're a mess basically. This sounds like just the way to organize them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm Irish...we have no eatible family recipes that don't involve boiling the hell out of something that used to walk or fly, with a side of boiled cabbage or potatoes. So, every recipe I do have to offer to our cookbook is one discovered by either necessity to survive or stolen from someone else! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mar, this is a great idea. I've bookmarked the site. I've always wanted to do a family cookbook and intersperse (is that a word?) some of my family stories and poems in it. Wishing you and all you love a happy day of Thanks and Giving!

    ReplyDelete