Friday, November 7, 2008

I Am Filled With Hope

I feel so happy that we have elected Barack Obama as our next President. I am filled with hope. It's such a good feeling to know that people are so excited about this change. For the first time in a long time it seems that the rest of the world is in awe and willing to work together. There is so much work and repair to be done. I want him to take office immediately and I hate that we have to wait a few months to clean house and get on with the business of being a nation again. It seems so strange that while the whole world is rejoicing, we have people within this country who are plotting and planning and hating. And I don't mean the people who voted for McCain, but the true haters who would rather see this nation destroyed than have a black man as our President. I wish Barack and his family good will and protection. The weight of the world is now upon his shoulders.

1 comment:

  1. Mar, I feel the same way. I haven't had such hope in my heart for many years. I truly feel that a new era has dawned in America and I only wish that everyone would reach out to their neighbors with the same love and support that we saw in Grant Park on election night.

    YES, We Did!

    ReplyDelete